Every adult public library cardholder is a member of the Salmo Public Library Association and eligible to vote at the Annual General Meeting in the election of trustees. The library board consists of 5-9 elected trustees, plus the Regional District of the Central Kootenay Area G Representative and an appointed representative from the Village of Salmo. The trustees serve two-year terms and do not exceed 4 consecutive terms (8 years). The Board is responsible for planning, policy, the annual budget and expenditures, and for hiring and supervising the Library Director.
On the second Monday of each month at 6:00 pm, the board members, trustees, and the Library Director meet in the library. This meeting is open to the public. There are no meetings in July or August.
Annual General Meeting
The Annual General Meeting (AGM) is usually held on the second Monday of March. This is also open to the public. If you would like to attend, please contact us for more information.
Library Board Members 2022
- Janet Pierce is continuing for the 1st year of their 4th term (year 7)
- Judi Cozzetto is continuing for the 1st year of their 4th term (year 7)
- Pat Goulden is continuing for the 2nd year of her 3rd term (year 6)
- Tom Nixon is continuing for the 1st year of his 2nd term (year 3)
- Jennifer Gawne is continuing for the 2nd year of her 1st term (year 2)
- Sylvia Korens is standing for the 1st year of her 1st term (year 1)
- Melanie Briscoe is standing for the 1st year of her 1st term (year 1)
- Teresa Kjelson is standing for the 1st year of her 1st term (year 1)
- Hans Cunningham and Kenzie Neil are appointed as RDCK and Village of Salmo reps.
Election of Officers 2022
- Janet Pierce, Board Chair
- Teresa Kjelson, Vice-Chair
- Pat Goulden, Treasurer