Every adult public library card holder is a member of the Salmo Public Library Association and eligible to vote at the Annual General Meeting in the election of trustees. The library board consists of 5-9 elected trustees, plus the Regional District of the Central Kootenay Area G Representative and an appointed representative from the Village of Salmo. The trustees serve two year terms and do not exceed 4 consecutive terms (8 years). The Board is responsible for planning, policy, the annual budget and expenditures, and for hiring and supervising the Library Director.
On the second Monday of each month at 5:30 pm, the board members, trustees, and the Library Director meet in the library. This meeting is open to the public. There are no meetings in July or August.
Annual General Meeting
The Annual General Meeting (AGM) is usually held the second Monday of March. This is also open to the public. If you would like to attend, please contact us for a more information.
Library Board Members 2016
- Valene Foster is continuing for the 1st year of her 2nd term (year 3)
- Judi Cozzetto is continuing for the 2nd year of her 1st term (year 2)
- Brault Kelpin is continuing for the 2nd year of his 1st term (year 2)
- Janet Pierce is continuing for the 2nd year of her 1st term (year 2)
- Pat Goulden is standing for the 1st year of her 1st term (year 1)
- Beau Melnick is standing for the 1st year of her 1st term (year 1)
- Hans Cunningham and Steve Dimock are appointed as RDCK and Village of Salmo reps.
Election of Officers 2016
Valene Foster, Board Chair
Brault Kelpin, Vice-Chair
Pat Goulden, Treasurer