Every adult public library card holder is a member of the Salmo Public Library Association and eligible to vote at the Annual General Meeting in the election of trustees. The library board consists of 5-9 elected trustees, plus the Regional District of the Central Kootenay Area G Representative and an appointed representative from the Village of Salmo. The trustees serve two-year terms and do not exceed 4 consecutive terms (8 years). The Board is responsible for planning, policy, the annual budget and expenditures, and for hiring and supervising the Library Director.
On the second Monday of each month at 5:30 pm, the board members, trustees, and the Library Director meet in the library. This meeting is open to the public. There are no meetings in July or August.
Annual General Meeting
The Annual General Meeting (AGM) is usually held on the second Monday of March. This is also open to the public. If you would like to attend, please contact us for more information.
Library Board Members 2019
- Valene Foster is continuing for the 1st year of their 3rd term (year 5)
- Judi Cozzetto is continuing for the 2nd year of their 2nd term (year 4)
- Janet Pierce is continuing for the 2nd year of their 2nd term (year 4)
- Pat Goulden is standing for the 1st year of their 2nd term (year 3)
- Sally Albert is standing for the 2nd year of their 1st term (year 2)
- Keith Kemp is standing for the 1st year of their 1st term (year 1)
- Hans Cunningham and Jennifer Endersby are appointed as RDCK and Village of Salmo reps.
Election of Officers 2018
Valene Foster, Board Chair
Janet Pierce, Vice-Chair
Pat Goulden, Treasurer